Monday, November 29, 2010

Burns hot on first defence

The Scot makes the first defence of his WBO super-featherweight title against the Norwegian, who has never been beyond eight rounds.

And Burns, who has been revelling in the recent Arctic conditions, believes he will have too much firepower for his 24-year-old foe.

"We're used to a bit of cold up here, but I'm going to turn the heat up on Evensen on Saturday," he said.

"He's going to find himself in a blizzard of punches - and there is no way he'll be able to dig himself out.

http://worldsports-info.blogspot.com

"My trainer Billy Nelson asked me if I wanted the heaters on at the gym the other day. But I told him I'll quite happily work up a head of steam all by myself.

"I've been running in the snow, real Rocky stuff, but as the old saying goes, no pain, no gain.

"The mercury might be falling outside, but at the Braehead Arena on Saturday the battle will be white hot, and believe me, Evensen's in big trouble."


0 comments: