Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Drogba looking forward

The Ivory Coast international started on Sunday's 2-0 loss at Liverpool on the bench following concerns over his fitness, but he is expected to be named in the starting XI for his side's meeting with the Fulham on Wednesday.

Drogba is relieved to finally have his illness resolved and is now itching to return to scoring ways in the league, having not netted since 3rd October versus Arsenal

He told the club's official website: "When you don't know exactly what it is and it's not treated it can come and go, and you have some weeks when the fever can be high, so that's what I had, but now it will be better.

"Unfortunately we only found out [on Monday] it was malaria, but it was for a month now. Now we know exactly what it is so we can go forward."

http://worldsports-info.blogspot.com

He added: "Obviously I want to score every game, but when you can't, when you're not 100 per cent, it's better to try a way to help your team-mates, maybe creating assists, maybe defending a little bit more, it's not a problem for me.

"I think I'll get better and start to score again, and if that's what people want I think I can do that!"

Meanwhile, Blues winger Florent Malouda is eager for a rapid response by his side following their setback against Liverpool.

0 comments: