Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Murray battles back in Paris masters

Andy Murray fought back from a set down to beat the David Nalbandian and move into the third round of the Paris Masters.

The Scot was caught cold at the start of the match as his opponent dominated proceedings both from the back of the court and up at the net.

Opting to change his tactics after losing a one-sided first set, Murray played his way back into the match as he looked to dictate from the net whenever possible.

It paid dividends as he pinched a tight second set and he finished it strongly in the decider to triumph 2-6 6-4 6-3.

http://worldsports-info.blogspot.com

"Yeah, it was very difficult," he told afterwards. "I had to change my game completely.

"I had to serve and volley pretty much the whole of the second set because I couldn't win a point from the back of the court - he was moving me around everywhere.

"Maybe it's something I need to look to do more often.


0 comments: