Friday, November 12, 2010

David Haye three stone lighter

The WBA champion tipped the scales at the 15st ½lb, his lowest weight yet as a heavyweight at Friday's weigh-in at the Lowry Theatre in the Manchester.

Harrison, in contrast, was just two pounds lighter than his career heaviest, at a whopping 18st 1½lbs - a daunting 42½lbs heavier.

With Lennox Lewis in the attendance, the challenger was first on the scales and was booed by some sections of the 1,000-strong crowd.

David Haye came in second sporting a t-shirt with 'No You Can't' emblazoned across the front and literally hopped and off the scales. He kept that off for the rest of the weigh-in, while Harrison was quick to put his back on.

http://worldsports-info.blogspot.com

When MC Gary Logan read out Haye's weight there was an audible gasp, but the champion insists his lightness does not mean he is going to hit and run as he did with Nikolai Valuev.

"Adam (Booth) said before we started training that if I hit all of my targets in the gym, if I did all the training that he wanted me to do and I didn't get any injuries that I would come in at around 15 stone," he said.


0 comments: